Mission and Vision
Twin Sisters Hall, built by German immigrants in the nineteenth century, continues today to host public dances on the first Saturday of every month and to serve the community as a center for family functions, educational workshops and charitable functions. Twin Sisters Hall maintains these traditional uses and activities to preserve the historic dance hall structure and a way of life in the Hill Country of Texas.
THE STORY OF AN OLD HISTORIC DANCE HALL IN TEXAS
Mr. Max Krueger was responsible for building a dance hall and community center along with a bowling alley in 1879. These buildings were named The Twin Sisters Hall and Bowling Alley. In 1967 the bowling alley burned to the ground and was later rebuilt in Spring Branch, Texas.
The dance hall is owned and operated by a volunteer board of directors and members, The Twin Sisters Hall Club, Inc. The long tradition continues of holding a public dance, with live band, on the first Saturday of every month. The hall and grounds serve as a community center available for rent for weddings, family functions, and charitable events.
Research is underway to gather historical documentation on the hall and its uses over time. The board of directors is seeking historical information, documents, photos and stories. Please use the Contact page if you have historical information or give us a call. 501 (c) (3) Non-Profit