Mission and Vision
Shine Bright Ministries Statement of Purpose:
Shine Bright Ministries’ purpose is to provide special experiences and a fun/safe place for children to enjoy and create positive memories to last a lifetime. It brings us so much joy to see the kids who are in some incredibly sad and difficult situations to have a few hours that they can forget about all the hurt, just laugh, and have fun.
Shine Bright Ministries hopes be a light in the darkness and to make a huge impact on the local children shelters/foster homes/etc. in the Kendall County area and beyond. We want to provide a safe/fun space for them to come and forget about their current dark situations and create new fun memories that will last a lifetime.
SBM hosts unique events for Local Women’s & Children's Homes/Foster Care families in the Hill Country area. This includes but not limited to:
• Christmas dinner, Hot Cocoa, Candy canes, Cookies/etc.
• Photos with Santa
• Christmas Fun Activities
• Christmas lights drive through with over 3 million lights all programmed to music.
• Purchasing gifts for the children
• Purchasing coats/sweatshirts/etc. for winter for the local school nursing departments.
• SBM will always try to supply whatever needs arise for these groups during the holidays and throughout the year. (For example, we have host toy drives for Blue Santa and provided toys to local families that just couldn’t provide anything for Christmas due to job loss etc.)
• Gymnasium usage (exercise) for local youth basketball/volleyball/pickleball/etc.
• Children of shelters use our gym as a recreation facility where they can ride fun scooters, hang out in the arcade room, or play basketball/volleyball/etc.
• As SBM grows and more funds are collected we hope to host special quarterly events, including free movie nights, roller-skating nights, etc.
• SBM in partnership with The Jones CHRISTmas Ranch also gives out over 1000 free passes for local families in need to be able to enjoy the 3 million lights drive-through experience at no cost.
Our current partners we serve are: Roy Mass, Boerne and San Antonio Women’s Shelters, Grace House, The Retreat Home, Blessing in a Backpack participants, Hill Country Youth Ranch, Boysville, homeschool groups, and several youth volleyball/basketball teams. (If you know of another group that would like to come that isn't listed, please have them call Mandy @ 210-885-0006, and we will get it set up!)
We are always looking for volunteers and supporters. Please reach out to Mandy for more information.
Shine Bright Ministries, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.