Mission and Vision
RMYA Mission: RMYA creates brighter futures for children in crisis by promoting individual success and healthy relationships in a safe, healing environment, giving children and families the tools to end the cycle of abuse.
RMYA Vision: Restoring hope, one child at a time.
OFFICE HOURS: 8:30 – 5:00 Monday – Friday.
1. Emergency Shelter Service: Children needing a safe place to stay for a short time receive 24-hour care while a more permanent placement is determined. Emergency shelter services are provided for trafficked, runaway, homeless, foster youth and children transitioning from juvenile probation.
2. RMYA Centro Seguro Drop-In Center is a 24-hour drop-in center for youth up to 24 years of age, who are at-risk or victims of trafficking, homelessness, runaway, or other unsafe living conditions. While at the drop-in center, youth receive a hot shower, meal, change of clothing, and access to immediate crisis intervention services.
3. RMYA Meadowland is set on a 42-acre campus in Boerne, TX. Children (ages 6-17 years) live in a safe, comfortable, and structured environment, with 24-hour direct care. Services include counseling, medical care, nutritious meals, education, recreational and cultural activities, and life skills instruction.
4. Turning POint Transitional Living Program: Former foster care youth and homeless community youth (18-24 years) live independently in a home with roommates. They receive professional case management, weekly counseling, job and life skills, educational assistance, and resource referrals, to help them meet their goals and leave the program ready to become productive members of our community.
5. Family Counseling and Resource Center: RMYA’s Family Counseling & Resource Center offers low or no cost individual and family counseling, crisis intervention, parenting classes, and child & adolescent psychiatric services for community children and families struggling with emotional, behavioral, and mental health issues. Services are provided by licensed clinicians and clinical interns.
6. RMYA Thrift Shop: 3103 West Avenue, San Antonio, Texas 78213, 210-340-0811
7. The RMYA Arthur and Barbara Burdick Community Center in Boerne is available for your next special event. All proceeds from rentals benefit the children’s programs at Roy Maas Youth Alternatives.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR CLIENT: Appropriate placement assessment is done for girls and boys
COST TO CLIENT: Sliding scale fee.