Mission and Vision
To help teens, young adults and families overcome the effects of drugs and alcohol and partner with the community in education and prevention.
For over 45 years, Rise Recovery has brought change into the world through recovery. The power of the peer group is the foundation of our programs and services aimed at supporting youth and their families navigate and find hope, understanding and love throughout their recovery journey. At our core, we believe in the power of the group and a lifetime support system of recovery, at low or no cost to the youth, young adults and families we serve. Here is a brief summary of programs we offer at Rise Recovery.
1. Recovery Programs: Tailored for youth (ages 12-17) and young adults (ages 18-35), these programs offer peer counseling, one-on-one coaching, education classes, and social activities to support recovery.
2. Family Support Program: Designed for loved ones, including parents, partners, and siblings, this program provides support and guidance within the context of a family system affected by substance use.
3. Telehealth Services: Rise provides remote services to schools and juvenile facilities in areas lacking easy access to substance use disorder services or facing mobility barriers.
4. Grief Support: Recognizing the impact of opioids, Rise offers a grief support group specifically for parents and partners who have lost loved ones to substance-related deaths.
5. Recovery High School: Rise Inspire Academy, in collaboration with Inspire Charter Schools, offers a comprehensive high school curriculum in a recovery-focused environment for youth struggling with substance abuse.
6. In-School Support (YES Program): The Youth Empowered by Sobriety (YES) Program provides assessment, education, and early intervention in several Independent School Districts in San Antonio.
7. Outreach and Engagement: Rise Recovery staff are available to conduct educational seminars for youth, school administration, businesses, and other organizations to raise awareness about substance use and available resources.
8. Training Institute: Rise Recovery serves as a resource hub for professionals in the field and offers State-certified Recovery Support Peer Specialist certification to increase capacity in the sector.
All of our services are at no cost to those who need us. To learn more, reach out to us
Mon-Fri 8am -5 pm, or drop in to a support meeting which you can find on our calendar of events on our website.