Mission and Vision
Kendall Educational Alliance supports coaching competitive robotics on the FIRST platform.
The FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) is an international high school robotics competition. Each year, teams of high school students, coaches, and mentors work during a six-week period to build robots capable of competing in that year's game that weigh up to 125 pounds (57 kg). Robots complete tasks such as scoring balls into goals, placing inner tubes onto racks, hanging on bars, and balancing robots on balance beams. The game, along with the required set of tasks, changes annually. While teams are given a kit of standard set of parts during the annual Kickoff, they are also allowed and are encouraged to buy or make specialized parts.
• Won 1st place app in CodeJam 2019!
• FIRST was created to celebrate technology & science
• University professors, engineers are sought to come in and to mentor the students
• One of the top scholarship benefactors for students in the world
• Strong focus in serving the community
• Past 5 yrs partnered with Lighthouse for the Blind
• Created Opti-Nav and is building navigation app for individuals that are blind
• Another team is busy creating an app called “take a number”, an app for social distancing
• Active in summer robotics Camps for Blind/VI
• Busy with year long robotics class for Blind/VI
• Hosted 3 nation wide virtual conferences for new robotics coaches
• Participated in Backpacks for Buddies project
• Created welcome home kits for women at the Kendall County Women’s shelter
In addition to monetary contributions, Kendall Educational Alliance is always in need of a good cross section of professionals to volunteer.