Mission and Vision
Our mission is to engage in activities beneficial to the greater Comfort area which will help to improve the overall quality of life for all people residing in the area.
Established in 2000, the Comfort Area Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization aimed at improving the quality of life for the citizens of Comfort, Texas and surrounding areas.
We seek to achieve our mission by:
• serving as a catalyst for solutions and projects of community-wide benefit.
• primarily working with local non-profit organizations to support their fund-raising efforts.
• assisting donors to achieve charitable giving objectives.
• sponsoring the annual Make Comfort Sparkle event.
Past projects have included:
• providing fans for the needy.
• conducting a Community Needs Assessment in 2005.
• supporting the action group that ultimately resulted in the Boys & Girls Club of Comfort.
• supporting the formation of the action group that led to the Comfort Health and Fitness Center.
• supporting Comfort Park pavilion improvements.
• providing seed funding for Mobile Health Services in Comfort.
• providing seed funding for Comfort Highlights street lighting in the Comfort Historic District.
• providing seed funding for Cypress Creek Cultivators-Community Garden.
• supporting facilities expansion of the Comfort Public Library.
In 2014, the Foundation began its community-wide strategic planning process that is still in progress.
• Water – Ensuring adequate supply of quality water for current and future community needs
• Workforce Housing – Have an adequate supply of quality available housing for current and future needs
• Preservation of Community – Preserve and enhance the charm and integrity of Comfort’s small-town environment
• Healthcare/Human Services/Hunger – Encourage access to a spectrum of essential health and human services
• Economic Development – Promote desirable and sustainable economic development
• Youth Engagement – Encourage youth interest in our local community
• Education – Enhance educational opportunities for the success of our citizens
• Communications – Maximize the dissemination of accurate information throughout the community