Mission and Vision
The Animal Welfare Society of Kerr County is a 501(c)(3) organization and sponsor of the Freeman-Fritts Animal Shelter & Clinic. We are a multi-faceted facility that strives to provide affordable vet care, low cost spay & neuter and successful adoptions of homeless and unwanted pets. Our primary goal is the betterment in the lives of the animals of Kerr County.
We have a vision of a safe, secure and loving home for every single unwanted pet and community wide support of spay & neuter. We hope to play an integral role in this vision by providing community outreach, education, leadership and above all access to affordable services
* Low cost spay & neuter services
* Free spay & neuter programs
* Affordable non-emergency veterinary services & products
* No-kill dog & cat shelter/adoption facility
* We do not require proof of income, residency or application. We are here to help everyone.
* Strong community outreach through school visits, educational booths, social media and monthly newsletter
Hill Country No-Kill Shelter: AWS Freeman-Fritts opened its doors in 1986 to serve the needs of Kerr County’s animals and is commonly known as Freeman-Fritts in honor of its founders.
Situated on 5 acres, it is a no-kill shelter and promotes adoptions of homeless animals. It also provides services of spay/neuter programs four mornings a week; a low-cost clinic including exams, vaccinations and medications; and provides education in responsibilities of pet care and ownership. Additional services are Boarding for both dogs and cats and Grooming.
Connect with us!