Mission and Vision
Feed the Hungry of the Comfort area and surrounding Kendall County by providing meals and food assistance for the needy.
Feeding People...its our Mission.
• The Table – Volunteers prepare a hot lunch three days a week, served to anyone in the community that stops by! Everyone is invited to partake. Meals are delivered to the home-bound, regardless of age.
• Food Pantry – Provides food assistance for the needy. Partners with the San Antonio Food Bank.
Open Tuesday/Thursday afternoon (3:00PM–5:30PM).
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Comfort Table and Food Pantry is a 501c3 organization.
Each month, The Comfort Food Pantry feeds approximately 130 families. Each week, The Comfort Table serves meals to approximately 100 people in-house and delivery. We send food home with 80-85 students at Comfort Elementary each week (via our Backpack program) so they will be fed on the weekends. As our mission grows, so does our determination to ensure that we can feed the hungry of Comfort.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: For Food Assistance, simply come in and fill out an application to receive food from the Pantry twice a month. We follow the Federal Government Income Guidelines.
COST TO CLIENT: No Cost.
• Food Pantry: open Tues/Thurs (3:00PM - 5:30PM)
• Comfort Table: open Tues/Wed/Thurs (11:30AM – 12:30PM)
~ VOLUNTEERS NEEDED ~
– Food Pantry shifts: Help stock shelves, bag groceries and carry items to families' cars
• The Table: Prepare, serve and/or deliver meals every Tuesday-Thursday